Call for Workshops, Tutorials and Panels
We are seeking proposals for workshops, tutorials and panels to be presented at PACIS 2018. We welcome work from all strands of Information Systems (IS) theory and practice. Workshops and tutorials offer platforms for in-depth learning on specific topics and interests related to the IS field; Panels provide a forum for debate and discussion of modern IS and organisational phenomena and contemporary issues.
We particularly welcome proposals addressing the main conference theme, “Opportunities and Challenges for the Digitized Society”. We also invite proposals that cover any new or promising research topics, or innovative and novel methodologies or tools for IS research. Workshops and tutorials will be held on June 27, 2018 (Wednesday). They can be scheduled for either a half day or a full day till 5.30 PM. The scheduling of panels will be determined based on submissions. All the workshops, tutorials, and panels are free of charge to encourage participation.
Proposal submissions should include the following information:
- Title of proposal
- Type of proposal: workshop, tutorial, or panel
- Name, institution and email of the author(s) of the proposal. Please indicate the corresponding author.
- List of planned presenters and brief biography of each organizer and invited speakers
- A succinct description of the workshop/ tutorial including theme, goals, objectives, novelty, planned activities (for workshops and tutorials only)
- A succinct description of the topic to be debated or discussed and a brief position statement for each of the panelists (for panels only).
- Details of primary target audience and expected number of participants
- Please clearly state any requests concerning the location (e.g., computers, Internet access, A/V, etc.). Please note that the workshop, tutorial or panel organizers are responsible for any unique requests (e.g., special software or hardware).
- Word limit: maximum 3,000 words
All proposals should be submitted via the PACIS 2018 EasyChair submission system. Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated based on criteria such as importance of topic, relevance, likelihood of attracting interest at the conference, and novelty or originality.
- Submission system open: January 2, 2018
- Proposal submission deadline: March 5, 2018
- Notification of proposal acceptance: April 9, 2018
- Presentation materials from all presenters: May 9, 2018
- Workshops and Tutorials: June 27, 2018 till 5.30 PM
- Panels: June 28 – 29, 2018
Workshop and Tutorial Co-Chairs
- Mihoko Sakurai (University of Agder)
- Hameed Chughtai (University of Southampton)